Lots of important meetings and opportunities lie ahead for all of us as we try to keep Pickens County SC the most Conservative County in SC! Below I am updating you on issues and dates and information that I think are very important for your edification!
COTU MEETINGS ARE HELD MONTHLY
* SEE SPECIAL MEETING NOTES & LOCATIONS IN POSTS BELOW *
Only the full website address works when linking on social media. Please use https://www.conservativesoftheupstate.com
*You can scroll beyond the COTU Twtter feed to read more in depth articles and see a decade + of COTU archived posts in the right side column
Monday, April 25, 2022
May 2022 Conservatives of the Upstate Newsletter
1. Are you registered to vote? You better be! To be able to vote in the June 14th Primary you must be registered to vote by May 13th by 5 PM. You can register online here: Online Voter Registration (sc.gov) Make sure your family, friends and neighbors are registered!
2. Confused about the new redistricting and you aren't sure which district you are in now? Here is a link that will help people know which district...it's kind of not user friendly as I'd like it to be but feel free to use the link below to the Pickens County Election District web mapping app. It allows the user to type in their address to see which districts they reside in now that the redistricting process has been completed (House, Senate, Council, etc).
3. The NEXT most important meeting that WE ALL NEED to be in attendance at is happening at the School Board meeting on Thursday, April 28th at 5:15 PM. If you haven't heard about the fiasco at Pickens Middle School and why we ALL need to be there and cause our School Board to SIT UP AND PAY ATTENTION ...here is an article Johnnelle wrote about it: https://www.thestandardsc.
org/the-standard/over-1000- parents-voice-protest-about- middle-school-plan-to-spark- unity-gone-bad/ Even if you don't speak during public forum at this meeting on the 28th...we need bodies there...NUMBERS MATTER...APPLAUSE MATTERS The meeting will be held at 1348 Griffin Mill Rd, Easley SC 29640. sign up to speak when you get there. Call Roseanne Morris to make sure the meeting hasn't been changed...@ 864-397-1029
4. Go to this link to see the Pickens County GOP meet the candidates' events scheduled in the days ahead before the Primary that give you an opportunity to vet the candidates: https://
5. Go to this link to see the Auxiliary Club of SCGOP events that are lined up to give you an opportunity to vet the candidates before June 14th
6. The next County Council meeting is to be held on May 2 at 6:30 PM at the Administrative Auditorium located 222 McDaniel Avenue, Pickens SC 29671. It is our understanding their is discussion going on to raise our millage tax on property to replace the plan that fell through to tax us according to square footage. We don't know anything else about this. Please call your councilman and ask them to explain what this millage increase will mean. And be prepared to voice your concerns at this meeting on May 2nd during the public forum. If you need more than 3 minutes to say what you want to say, please let Kathleen Campbell know and we will try to arrange for someone to finish your speech where you leave off. Here's the link to how to contact your county councilman. https://www.co.
7. Monday, May 16th at 7PM our group is sponsoring a Public Forum/Debate between challenger Matthew Kutilek and Rep. Davey Hiott at Cafe' Connections. We think this is the best opportunity for you to vet these candidates as you will get to hear their answers to the same questions. Be prepared to ask your tough questions. Bring your neighbors, you won't want to miss this one!
8. May 3rd the Board of Elections will be meeting at 4:30 pm in the Administrative Auditorium where the county council meets. Please remember they need poll workers. Go to this link for more information : https://www.co.pickens.sc.
Or call 864-898-5948
9. Conservatives of the Upstate cannot endorse candidates as a group. However, Johnnelle Raines has her own personal favorites that she has vetted and will gladly send those to you if you want to see her personal favorites. She stresses this is just her personal opinions and wants you to vote your own conscience and pray for discernment and not rely on her opinions. Just email her at: firstname.lastname@example.org if you want her list of personal endorsements.
10. We are sending two pledges to all candidates to see if they will sign. One is a Protect Our Property Rights Pledge and the other is a Pledge to Not raise our taxes if elected. And in the days ahead we will be letting you know which candidates have signed them.
11. Prayer Matters! You will have several opportunities to come together with Praying in Pickens to Pray before this election. We pray every Saturday Morning at 9:30 AM at the Courthouse in downtown Pickens and a special National Day of Prayer will be held at the Courthouse in downtown Pickens on Thursday morning May 5th at 9:30 AM. Please join us! We also meet and pray every Thursday morning at Cafe' Connections at 8:30 AM.
12. Our member and Candidate for County Council, Chris Lollis needs help door knocking in the Six Mile/Central area...and needs contributions too for yard signs and door hangers...if you feel led to help him, I'm sure he'd very much appreciate it. Here's his phone number: 864-979-0321. Please remember all the candidates running would appreciate any help you can give them.
***********Please let us know anything you are concerned about or need help with! Respond to this email or call Johnnelle @ 704-860-0648 or call Kathleen Campbell @ 864-586-0857********
Your Leadership Team and Advisory Board COTU,
Johnnelle Raines, Jo Ann Brewer, Travis Garner, Kathleen Campbell, Luke Campbell, Chris Lollis, Anselm Salins, John Fezio, Debbie Hudson, Ross Whitley, Kim Frazor, Lori and Mark Osborn