It's not hard to see lately that we are in a battle to preserve our freedoms and our heritage.
People tell us at our monthly meetings of Conservatives of the Upstate they want to be more involved; they want to help fight the good fight.
Here's our top 5 ways YOU can help keep Pickens County Conservative:
1. Attend our monthly meetings which occur every 3rd Thursday each month at 7pm where we discuss strategy and action items and have speakers who motivate us! The next meeting is Thursday, January 20th at Cafe' Connections, 319 East Main Street downtown Pickens SC 29671.
2. Tell others about Conservatives of the Upstate (COTU) and bring a friend, a relative, a neighbor, a fellow church member with you when you come!
3. Sign up at our meeting to be a Freedom Pod member. You can make a difference. The Freedom Pod Groups are designed in a way so that you can use your God given talents to help us achieve our goals.
4. Donate your time and your action to our causes. We do not have membership dues. But we do hope you will donate a couple of dollars each time you come to offset our venue cost, which at present is $75 a meeting. So, if 40 people attend and each give $2, we actually can keep our funds from dwindling away. We use our funds for printing costs, speaker fees, venue fees, and advertising. We recently had Tom DeWeese as our speaker and his fee kicked a big dent in our savings, so if you can spare an extra couple of dollars, hopefully we can get our funds back up to be able to have another great speaker enlighten us!
5. Last...but certainly not least, we all need to be in prayer daily for God's discernment as to what He wants us to be doing. Esther 4:14 states, "Perhaps you were born for such a time as this." And Romans 8:28 states, "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose." Therefore, please take the time to pray for God's wisdom and discernment as we fight the good fight to hold our elected accountable and keep evil from infiltrating our community.
Remember Proverbs 3:5-6 and all will be well:
TRUST IN THE LORD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND LEAN NOT ON YOUR OWN
UNDERSTANDING: IN ALL YOUR WAYS SUBMIT TO HIM. AND HE WILL MAKE
YOUR PATHS STRAIGHT.
Happy New Year to You and Yours! Hope to see you Thursday, January 20, 2022, at 7PM at Cafe' Connections, 319 E. Main St, Pickens, SC 29671
Our guest speakers for January 20th meeting will be Sheri and April Few of United States Parents Involved in Education who will be informing us on how we can regain parental control of a child's education. You can visit their website here: www.uspie.org