Does anyone see that there might be some ethical issues that come up with the expenditures?
One councilman could conceivably "save" up YOUR money over 4 years and have at his/her discretion $200,000 to spend on a lobbyists project which would NOT require the entire council to approve!
The County Administator is catching some flack about it but should be applauded for his diligence in being concerned about how taxpayer fund expenditures should be voted on by whole council and not left to the discretion of one councilman who may have a conflict of interest!
This is part of the over collected funds from previous years. It gives the council an illegal expenditure in each one's control without telling the people as required by Article 10 Section 5 of the SC Constitution.
We the people bought ...
• $68,000 worth of seats on the recreation field in Easley,
• $150,000 on a track at Southern Wesleyan,
• $80,000 on tennis courts at Southern Wesleyan.
Article 10 Section 5 was put there to keep politicians from doing things just to get reelected.
Post a Comment
COMMENTS ARE REVIEWED BEFORE POSTING!
• Your comment will be posted as soon as possible.
• Do not resubmit or duplicate comments.
• You are not required to leave a URL/website
Feel free to leave an anonymous comment but owning your comments, even if by an alias, is honorable.
Thank you for visiting.