At the August 2013 Pickens County School Board meeting held on Monday August 26, 2013 ... Liberty Area School Board Trustee, Ben Trotter announced his resignation, but the following day announced he was going to retract the resignation.
Trotter said ...
"In the end I got elected to try to help people and thought it was wrong that the lower paid employees cannot get raises while the school board just agreed to hire someone at a high salary."
In 2012, Trotter was accused of using insensitive remarks concerning special needs children attending Liberty area public schools at the monthly Pickens County School Board meeting. Nearly 500 packed the building as several parents, teachers, and Pickens County residents made statements. The matter took several months to resolve and die down amidst heavy media attention. The issue was later discovered, thanks to Conservatives Of The Upstate and The Liberty Monitor,to be a covered up political move with little merit.
Earlier this year, Trotter stood in favor with only one other school board member in the "school board prayer" issue.
• Trotter was serving the current year as Vice Chairman of the School Board.
• Trotter's district is District 4 / Liberty
• His term was set to expire in November 2014.
• Trotter was elected to represent the Liberty area in 2010.
• By trade, Trotter is an exterminator and electrical contractor.
Post a Comment
COMMENTS ARE REVIEWED BEFORE POSTING!
• Your comment will be posted as soon as possible.
• Do not resubmit or duplicate comments.
• You are not required to leave a URL/website
Feel free to leave an anonymous comment but owning your comments, even if by an alias, is honorable.
Thank you for visiting.