Thanks for attending the meeting last night. COTU was well represented ~ headed by President David Merck. I counted at least 11 which made us the most represented group. In combination with Saluda River Roots, I thought we made a formidable group.
We brought up a number of good topics …
• We asked for repeal of the Comprehensive Planning Legislation as voted on by the Republican Party in SC.
• We asked for elimination of the reassessment policy of going back 5 years to calculate "fair market value" of property so a steady stream of money could be provided for paying off the new school buildings; while causing foreclosures on homes in Greenville and Pickens counties. It might be mentioned here that we are paying for the new schools being built in the 7 school districts, that won the case, that the payments to the dummy corporation were operating expense and not bonded indebtedness. ( This was presented to Governor Sanford and Senator Martin in 2009.) I'll explain at our next meeting on the 12th at the church.
• Lib Tickle, Mary Allen, Rusty Smith and Junius Smith pleaded the case for the people on Saluda River and I recommend that we never give up. Keep on keeping on.
Thanks to Mary Beth Green for the info on Tennesee Forever Green. I used it in my presentation.
God Bless you all,
Conservatives Of The Upstate
Post a Comment
COMMENTS ARE REVIEWED BEFORE POSTING!
• Your comment will be posted as soon as possible.
• Do not resubmit or duplicate comments.
• You are not required to leave a URL/website
Feel free to leave an anonymous comment but owning your comments, even if by an alias, is honorable.
Thank you for visiting.