1. The Pickens County Comprehensive Plan that Dr Stone wants to return to, as first written by the Advisory Committee, had not one reference to the capitalistic, free enterprise system, non interference with private property system. Enactment of this plan brings communism to Pickens County. It speaks of regionalizing problems making our elected leaders irrelevant, seizure and control of property, and ultimate tax increases.
2. Section 6-29-540 When the local planning commission has recommended and local governing authority or authorities have adopted the related comprehensive plan element set forth in this chapter, no new street, structure, utility, square, park, or other public way, grounds or open space, or public buildings for any use, whether publicly or privately owned, may be constructed or or authorized in the political jurisdiction of the governing authority or authorities establishing the planning commission until the location,character, and extent of it have been submitted to the planning commission for review and comment as to the compatibility of the proposal with the comprehensive plan of the community.
3. Along with this and other laws, the planning commission has total power over private property. All you have to do is read the comprehensive plan. This is why we have rewritten the plan in a capitalistic and free enterprise language. Please don't think you can win the game on enthusiasm. Talent and preparedness always win in the long run. Those that depend on emotion wind up with disappointment.
President, Conservatives Of The Upstate
Post a Comment
COMMENTS ARE REVIEWED BEFORE POSTING!
• Your comment will be posted as soon as possible.
• Do not resubmit or duplicate comments.
• You are not required to leave a URL/website
Feel free to leave an anonymous comment but owning your comments, even if by an alias, is honorable.
Thank you for visiting.